A Big Thank You for Your Support in 2023!
Thank You Northeast Ohio for your support of the Berea’s National Rib Cook-Off & Beer Fest over the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend! Nearly 40,000 of you made our event part of your holiday plans and we are genuinely grateful. We can all agree that if we could deliver that AMAZING weather each and every year, it would be at the top of the checklist. Look forward to seeing you back at Fairgrounds next May 24th thru 27th, 2024 as we celebrate our 25th Anniversary Event.
Photos from this year’s event have been posted to our gallery, so click here to check out our 2023 album.
Congrats to This Year’s Winners2023 RIB COOK-OFF WINNERS
- Best Sauce – Porky Chicks
- 3rd Place Best Ribs – Mojo’s
- 2nd Place Best Ribs – Pigfoot BBQ
- 1st Place Best Ribs – Desperado’s
- People’s Choice – After Hours BBQ
- Pick of the Pig – Wright’s Catering
Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest Qualifier
Nathan’s Famous, in partnership with Giant Eagle, made a stop at Berea’s National Rib Cook-Off & Beer Fest for a qualifying event on Saturday, May 27th with a spot in the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating contest on the line. The top male & top female competitors punched their ticket to the July 4th championship. The Top Male was Geoffrey Esper from Oxford Mass who ate 50 hot dogs in 10 minutes. This will be his 6th trip to the Coney Island finals where he finished 2nd Overall last year. The Top Female Finisher was Larell Marie Mele, from Pennsylvania, eating 15 1/2 hot dogs in 10 minutes. She is the only female to qualify and participate in the International Championship at Coney Island 14 years in a row.
2023 Little Miss Berea Winners
- Miss Berea – Annalise Kammerman
- Court Members: – Allister Thomas, Myla Miller, Jordyn Maddox
- Co-Miss Berea Teen – Rayna Boyle
- Co-Miss Berea Teen – Elizabeth Spencer
- Co-Miss Berea Pre-Teen – Ali Dobrunick
- Co-Miss Berea Pre-Teen – Vivian McManis
Call for Artists & Crafters
Berea’s National Rib Cook-Off & Beer Fest is seeking handmade crafters to display and sell their work at the cook-off. If you are interested, please contact Marie Pochatek by email at Gristhree@hotmail.com or by phone at 440-234-5181.